Thursday, September 14, 2006

How can you play this game without your heart?
I try to understand your motive and your thoughts
But it gets harder with each hug and each kiss,
I thought I could play too, and be just like you
But I didn't know how hard it would be for me to be untrue.

Can't you be honest and play fair, just this once
I think I'm worth it, give me a chance
There's so much I want to do, so much I want to say
But I can't because I know, you'll never feel the same way

I wish you could know exactly how I feel
Without judging me with your heart of stone;
I tried not to get caught up in you
But how could I resist, when you do the things you do.

Now the game is ending, I'm trying to hold on
But is there anything worth holding on to
I enjoyed it while it lasted, or so I'd like to believe
I'm wishing you'll somehow change miraculously
And decide to play fair
Just know I won't always be here.

2 comments:

~ScotchBiscuits~ said...

I like that part at the end,the one about not always being here.
I think all of us need to treat the people we are with, with the type of courtesy and respect that you give to people who will not always be here.
dont worry if you dont get this,neither do I sometimes. like now:)

Anonymous said...

its funny how people never seem to realize what they have until its gone..........scotchbiscuits i understand u

happy meal