Sunday, August 15, 2010

And so the story begins...

Woke up, turned off the fan, pulled the sheets over my shoulders and went to back to sleep. I picked up right where I left off before the chill of the air in my room distracted me. My dream continued to feed the hunger in me. For a second I thought it was real. I could feel you, smell you, taste the sweetness of your lips as they grazed mine. I fell deeper. I could see the love in your eyes. My lips curved into a smile. You pulled me closer. I could feel your heart beating in sync with mine. I am asleep, but not completely. I am thinking about how disappointed I will be when I am finally awakened to reality. I fight these thoughts off. Trying to stay in this moment, with you, forever. I can now hear the rain pelting on the roof. Music coming in through the slightly opened door. The struggle is harder. I don't want to leave. Don't want to let you go. Why aren't you fighting with me? Help me! Why are you letting go? Don't let go...




No comments: