Monday, February 09, 2009

He's just not that into you


Once upon a summer day, in a far way state, a dear friend handed me a pretty pink and green book. As she handed me the book she said, "You really should read this. It might help". I was excited to see what wonderful stories and lessons this little pink and green book had in store for me. Then my eyes caught the title, 'He's just not that into you'. I looked up at this dear friend with a confused and somewhat sad expression and mumbled "who's not into me?". She responsed "him" and pointed to the very handsome guy sitting at the circulation desk in the library. The guy who had been winking and smiling at me for over a month but had not asked me out. This confused and saddened me even more so I said "I don't want him. But...why isn't he?". She put her arm around my shoulders and said "just read the book."

That night I spent hours reading this book that I had now deemed 'evil' because of its brutally honest information. When I finally read the last word of the last sentence of the last paragraph on the last page I realized that my friend was right, he was just not into me. This depressed me.

The day after I was introduced to thebook I returned it to my friend and vowed to never love again. I decided I'd be single forever.

Everytime I hear those words , 'he's just not that into you', whether it's a line in a movie, a quote in a book, or it's being said to a poor heartbroken girl, I see the very handsome guy at the circulation desk smiling at me and I feel sick.

Why do guys play with our feelings? Why can't they just be real?

I can handle the truth, we (girls) all can. And in this case, the sooner we learn the truth the better. So go ahead, lay it all out. Don't feel bad for us because we will soon be over you!



P.S.

The movie 'He's just not that into you' that is based on this very informative book is now in theathres (at least in the US), go see it! My girlfriends and I went to see the movie today. It was pretty good. I didn't really appreciate the fact that it had a typical fairytale ending but I can live with it (deep down somewhere I'm glad it did Keeping hope alive....).

4 comments:

Prettylyf said...

I've read the book as well. I'm not sure I want to watch the movie though. I'm afraid it might discredit the book :( For instance, confessions of a shopaholic..I've read the entire series and the movie previews I've caught so far are ridiculous lol

Savvy Dreamer said...

Yeh the movie kinda sorta discredits the book... but its still a halfway decent movie.

~ScotchBiscuits~ said...

I have a million things to say...all in a phone call.

Eternal_Soul said...

Who wrote the book?

we are real.. 100%. the one's who keep 80% hidden only do so because somebody (hint: a girl) took advantage of them. Being 100% real is a very vulnerable position, y'know.... needs a lotta courage.


*grumbles to himself*

Someone has been using quotes from that movie against me.... so I'm defo biased in my comment here.