Saturday, February 14, 2009

Perfection in the midst of imperfection


As I stand here before you today
Looking into your eyes
I see love like I've never seen it before
The smile upon your face
That cause wrinkles at the corners of your lips;
I see, Imperfection in the midst of perfection.


You take my hand
Say the words I've long wished to hear
Joy and fear saturate my being
I open my mouth and fight to speak
Words that are punctuated by sobs;
I hear, Imperfection in the midst of perfection.

This love we have created
This love that withstands all
This love that helps me rise
This love that remains true
This love that is you.
I feel, Perfection in the midst of imperfection.

Happy Valentine's Day Babe. I love you today, tomorrow and forever.
N.J.






1 comment:

Eternal_Soul said...

Oh, WOW!!!

you really captured the emotions... What we see and hear are always imperfect, because we are humans. Yet our feelings are God-given, a direct link to our soul, and they are always PERFECT.
I love it.. and both my eyes and ears agree with my feelings on this one. lol

Good Work!!!